Red Mountain Hike and Climb is a unique trip adventure in Sinai. A trail starts from St. Catherine Protected Area and heading deep into the trails of the Sinai Mountains. Midway between ROCK CLIMBING & HIKING, use all your senses to reach the top of the Red/Colorful Mountain. The mountain is called Red Mountain by locals depicting its bright red color. The hike is a bit challenging but the views from the top are worth it.
Drive across the eastern desert, underneath the Suez Canal, elevate in the bus from sea level to 1500m above sea level, reaching Saint Catherine Town the highest town in Egypt. Start the hike in “Wadi El Arbein” meaning valley of the forty, referring to the story of the lost Jews in the for 40 years. Reach 1800m above sea level, at small water well, and a mountain valley area occupied by “Am Ramadan’s Family”. A total of 3km hike, total elevation gain 300m. Set the cam, enjoy some Beduin chicken for dinner, gaze at the clear skies before sleep.
Then in the early morning, start climbing up again trying to reach the Red Mountain Summit at approximately 2200m above sea level. Have a genuine cup of tea on top.
- The trip from Cairo/Giza visiting Saint Catherine.
- Sites: Red Mountain, Wadi El Arbein (both inside Saint Catherine Protected Park).
- Duration: 2 Days / 2 Night hike to the Red Mountain Summit.
- Repetition: We operate this trip once a year, if you to request a private trip, please contact us on our fan page www.facebook.com/weTrips
- The hike is best enjoyed from early October till the end of March.
- Difficulty Level: Intermediate hike and requires previous hiking experience for utmost joy.
- What to bring: please contact us for a complete packing list.
- This is a group trip, not a private trip.
- Price Includes:
• One Night accommodation in tents or under the clear skies around a bonfire.
• Dinner & breakfast.
• Transportation Cairo/Saint Catherine/Cairo in an air-conditioned modern vehicle.
• Taxes and service charges.
- Price Excludes:
• Extra water & snacks.
The itinerary is subject to be amended according to weather expectations and government procedures.
Terms & conditions apply.