On a Mount Saint Catherine Hike Adventure, you will have the opportunity to explore the majestic and majestic beauty of the Sinai Mountains. This amazing excursion will take you to the highest mountain in Egypt, where you will be able to take in the breathtaking views, enjoy some of the world’s most exquisite and spiritual scenery, and experience the joy of hiking in the Holy Land.
The journey will begin with a steep climb up the mountain, where you will be able to take in the stunning scenery of the Sinai Mountains. The views are unlike anything else, with the rolling hills stretching out in every direction and the snow-capped peak of Mount Sinai looming in the distance. As you ascend the mountain, you will be able to take in the beauty of the desert and the rocky terrain, as well as the vibrant colors of the sky as the sun sets and the stars begin to twinkle.
Once you reach the top of the mountain, you will be able to explore the holy site of Moses’ burning bush and the monastery that is dedicated to celebrating his life. You can also take in the stunning view of the Red Sea below and the vast expanse of the Sinai Desert. You will be able to enjoy the peace of this sacred space and take in the spiritual atmosphere that surrounds the area.
Your Mount Saint Catherine Hiking Adventure will be an unforgettable memory that you will cherish for years to come. Explore the Sinai Mountains and all the amazing things they have to offer. The natural beauty of the area is stunning.
08:00 am Pick-up from hotel.
11:45 am First Rest on the road.
02:45 pm Expected arrival to Saint Catherine. Check-in and have lunch.
04:00 pm Get ready to hike, check everyone’s gear and supplies, and hit the trail.
06:00 pm Short rest in Wadi El Arbein and continue trekking to the summit by 11 pm isA.
00:00 Celebrate on Egypt’s Highest Peak. Have Dinner on top.
01:00 Start trekking down to Saint Catherine Town.
06:00 Expected to reach Wadi El Arbein for a short nap followed by breakfast.
10:00 Roam around the Valley to enjoy the warm morning and the remote lifestyle.
12:00 Head back to Town.
02:00 pm free time for lunch in Town.
Rest of the day is free to retreat on the experience and share photos.
Dinner and sleep in Fox Camp.
08:00 Wake up for breakfast and go for a short walk in town.
09:00 am Optional continuation to build part of the Hiking School in Saint Catherine.
02:00 pm free time for lunch.
04:00 pm Play a short football team in Town with locals.
04:30 pm Head back to Cairo.
- Regular price is USD$165 per person
- 25% Discount for children under 12 years of age. [From regular price].
- 40% Supplement for Single Occupancy.
- The program is applicable for group sizes starting from 4 people and up to 32. Please email us for special quotations.
- 2 Nights accommodation one at Fox Camp or similar, the 2nd in the mountains under the clear skies.
- 2 Breakfast meals
- 2 Dinner meals
- A comfortable private modern air-conditioned bus ride
- Arabic/English-speaking tour leader. [English & French available upon request]
- Registration fees, security clearance, taxes & service charges.
- Minimum age to join alone: 18 alone.
- Younger than 18 should be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Under 8 is not recommended.
- What to bring: A long list of what to pack and bring will be emailed to you after booking.
- Cancellation fees:
- A deposit of USD$20 is non-refundable.
- 100% for cancellation less than 48 hours before the trip or in the case of a no-show.
Highlights of Saint Catherine
It is difficult to say how many trails there are in the Sinai Mountains, as it is a very large area and many trails are not easily accessible. However, some estimates say that there are over 200 trails in the Sinai Mountains. The most famous mountains for hiking in Sinai are Mount Sinai (Jebel Musa) and Mount Catherine (Jebel St. Catherine), the Red Mountain, and Mount Abbas as well as other valleys to explore such as the colored canyon hikes.
1. Visit the Monastery of St. Catherine: The Monastery is one of the oldest Christian monasteries in the world and a UNESCO World Heritage Site. The location is home to numerous religious artifacts and relics, including the Burning Bush, which is believed to be the site where Moses received the Ten Commandments.
2. Explore the Sinai Unique Nature: The Sinai region is a vast and beautiful mountain area that covers the majority of the southern part of the Peninsula. It is home to some of the most stunning natural landscapes in the world, including the Colored Canyon and the Red Sea coast. The mountains are also a popular destination for hiking activities with several trails, camping, rappelling, and other outdoor activities.
3. Climb Mt. Sinai: Mt. Sinai is a holy mountain in the Sinai Peninsula and is the site where Moses received the Ten Commandments. The mountain can be climbed in a few hours, and the views from the summit are breathtaking. Along the way, you can visit the Chapel of the Holy Cross, which houses religious artifacts and artifacts from the time of Moses.
4. Climb Jebel Musa: Climb Jebel Musa (Mt. Moses), the highest peak in the Sinai Mountains, and enjoy the incredible views from the top.
5. Visit a Bedouin Village: The Bedouin villages of the Sinai Peninsula are a unique and fascinating part of the region. A visit to one of these villages will give you a glimpse into the traditional lifestyle of the Bedouin people and their unique culture and customs.
6. Shop in St. Catherine’s Market: The St. Catherine’s Market, located in the heart of St. Catherine’s, is a great place to find traditional souvenirs and handicrafts. The market also offers an array of local food and drinks, including delicious Bedouin tea.
Hiking in Egypt Tips and Guidelines
- Wear Appropriate Clothing: Hiking in Egypt can be a hot and sunny experience but also can be freezing cold on the top of the mountains and during the winter season. Therefore, it is important to have breathable clothing that will keep you cool and comfortable during the day and have heavy layers and a sleeping bag at night.
Make sure to wear a hat, sunglasses, and sunscreen, and also bring an extra layer of clothing for cooler temperatures. The Mount Saint Catherine hike in the winter can be the coldest and the temperature can drop to 0 degrees with snow on the peak.
- Stay Hydrated: Make sure you bring plenty of water with you and drink it often to avoid dehydration. If you plan to hike for a long time, consider packing a water filter or purification tablets.
- Bring a Map: Make sure you have a good map of the area you are hiking in, as well as a compass and a GPS device.
- Watch Your Step: Egypt has some rough terrain, so you should be careful to watch your step and avoid any areas that may be unstable or slippery.
- Respect the Wildlife: Egypt is home to a variety of wildlife, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and respect the animals you may encounter.
- Stay on the Trails: When hiking in Egypt, it is important to stay on designated trails, as it is illegal to hike off-trail in many areas.
- Follow Leave No Trace Principles: Make sure to follow the Leave No Trace principles when hiking in Egypt, which include packing out all trash, respecting wildlife, and leaving the area as you found it.
- Stay on the Lookout for Ancient Ruins: Egypt is home to a variety of ancient ruins, so it is important to be aware of your surroundings and stay on the lookout for any historical sites.
- Bring a Flashlight: Remote areas can get very dark at night, so it is important to bring a flashlight or headlamp to help you navigate your way during the night.
- Be Prepared for Emergencies: Our team will be ready with a first aid kit during the Saint Catherine hike but make sure to bring anything extra you need and any other supplies you may need in case of an emergency. It is also a good idea to let someone know where you are going and when you plan to return.