Spend your New Year Hiking up Egypt’s highest peak. Desert, Bedouin LifeStyle, Bedouin Cuisine, a different kind of party with no music and plenty of energy.
08:15 am Hit the road.
08:30 am Second meeting point at On the Run El Rehab (Gate 13).
Buy Konafa from La Poire at On the Run.
08:45 pm Head to cross the tunnel.
11:45 am First Rest on the road.
02:45 pm Expected arrival to Saint Catherine. Check-in. Have lunch.
04:00 pm Get ready to hike, check everyone’s gear and supplies, and hit the trail.
06:00 pm Short rest in Wadi El Arbein and continue trekking to the summit by 11 pm isA.
00:00 Celebrate New Year on Egypt’s Highest Peak. Have New Year Dinner on top.
01:00 Start trekking down to Saint Catherine Town.
06:00 Expected to reach Wadi El Arbein for a short nap followed by breakfast.
10:00 Roam around the Valley to enjoy the warm morning and the remote lifestyle.
12:00 Head back to Town.
02:00 pm free time for lunch in Town.
Rest of the day free to retreat on the experience and share photos.
Dinner and sleep in Fox Camp.
08:00 Wake up breakfast and go for a short walk in town.
09:00 am Optional continuation to build part of the Hiking School in Saint Catherine.
02:00 pm free time for lunch.
04:00 pm Play a short football team in Town with locals.
04:30 pm Head back to Cairo.
End of our Services.
- EGP1300 per adult or child for early bird booking on or before 30-Jun-21
- Regular price EGP2600 per person or its equivalent USD$165.
- 25% Discount for children under 12 years of age. [From regular price].
- 40% Supplement for Single Occupancy.
- Please click on the following link to check the accommodation facility: https://www.facebook.com/DesertFoxCamp
- Please check this link for pictures of hikes & group trips organized by the Weekend Trips program: https://www.facebook.com/weTrips/photos/?tab=album&ref=page_internal
- For further information about the trip itinerary and program call +2010 67325002
- The program is applicable for group sizes starting from 4 people and up to 32. Please email us for special quotations.
- For adrenaline bundles around Egypt please email us at [email protected]
- 2 Nights accommodation one at Fox Camp or similar, the 2nd in the mountains under the clear skies.
- 2 Breakfast meals
- 2 Dinner meals
- A comfortable private modern air-conditioned bus ride
- Arabic/English speaking tour leader. [English & French available upon request]
- Registration fees, security clearance, taxes & service charges.
- Minimum age to join alone: 18 alone.
- Younger than 18 should be accompanied by a legal guardian.
- Under 8 is not recommended.
- What to bring: A long list of what to pack and bring will be emailed to you after booking.
- Cancellation fees:
- A deposit of USD$20 is non-refundable.
- Deposit + 10% for cancellation 10 days before the trip date.
- Deposit + 25% for cancellations 5 days before the trip date.
- Deposit + 50% for cancellations two days before the trip date.
- 100% for cancellation less than 48 hours before the trip or in the case of no-show.
Other Programs in Egypt during New Year